I’ll begin our connection by answering a question most folks ask when we first meet. Yes – my birth name is Soul Dancer. You should see the quizzical look on the faces of custom officials when I present my passport! When I wear my robes of one particular order officials often are not sure what to make of me! LOL
Okay! Bear with me as you wander through this longish post . . .
To set the stage . . .
As 2017 begins to rattle your awareness of how much you sense you want to do, you become more aware of what you need to do. If there’s one life lesson you’ve learned by now is the difference between wants and needs. For example humans want to socialize, feel loved, party, savor scrumptious food as well as steamy sex. Have you noticed how our wants often hypnotize us by offering some sense of purpose or direction?
Needs on the other may push wants to the back burner. We need water, air, food, good health, sense of safety (home / community) and love. When we meet our needs we garnish life with wants. For example we need water to live. On a hot day day ice-water will help cool us down. Ice is a want. Water is the need.
imagine if you will…
Imagine being a dues paying member of a learning center that feels more like a second home. In fact the center is a home (a house) that features all sorts of private spaces for small groups to dive into some breath-taking work. As time flies by you realize our learning center is as important to you as your own home. Why? This learning center helps you amply meet your needs while at the same time sating your wants in ways that dazzle you.
For example just last week you enjoyed three (out of seven) nights at your second home because you joined a class. Your budget easily affords class fees because money blown on caffeine and/or cocktails, sweets or snacks is now budgeted for learning and growing. This new class is geared to help you discover a more healthy balance between giving and receiving. The people in class are already dear friends because you see them every week during our snuggle-up movie and foodie potluck events.
As months melt into years your find our learning center circle of friends feel more like the family you’ve always dreamed of (but never had at home). Our family of creation has helped you survive countless dramas, patches of chaos and spells of fear based on what was too much doubt, guilt, shame and worry in daily life. This extended family celebrates your life (birthdays, wins, losses and loves) as well as mourns with you when death reminds you of just how short life really is.
With each passing year you discover more profound answers to the two daunting questions the center’s original founder tasked you with when you first starting coming to the center. The first question still challenges you. Who am I? Thanks to the ever-evolving roster of relationships rotating in and out of your life you’re more at peace with the reality this first question is never really answered. The second question “Why am I here?” has more clarity and focus. You realize your clarity and focus is thanks to a robust pu pu platter of center classes, social events, retreats, seminars, workshops and philanthropic community support programs all under the roof of your second home.
imagine if you will…
When you’re ready to put thought into action let’s connect to talk!
In 2017 I invite your support to complete two significant tasks. The ease and grace in how these tasks come to completion rests on many leaps of faith – both mine – and yours!
- First step? Dig-up my Puna (Big Island) roots to reground myself on Oahu. Why? Simple. My off-island travels out of Hilo = at least 2-3 hours of automatic layover in Maui or Oahu. After a long flight to Oahu I’d much rather take a short ride home versus wait hours to take a connecting flight that takes minutes.
- Step more fully into my role as a unique dogma-free spiritual teacher. To date my traditional teaching venues include annual retreats, workshops, seminars, online / conference-call based classes. I sense I’m ready to start what my teachers have been pressing me to for more than a decade – teach daily classes – in some kind of learning center. While more folks warm up to technology (video conferences, etc.) technology has yet to duplicate my ability to share a welcoming hug with you as you enter our learning space.
A little backstory . . .
Since age 11 (that’s 46 years ago) when I started my conscious spiritual awakening / training I’ve traveled to over 22 countries to learn and teach. The more I teach, the more I learn. The more I learn the more I teach. Balance – right? To capture and share the essence of my academic and traditional training (masters in social work, monk in three orders, shaman in four traditions) I created Soul University (SU). At the moment this online learning center is the home to over 200 on-demand classes. Each short audio file (class) requires listening and pondering. That’s it. The rest (the results of the class) will unfold as you wake-up to your potential.
To sample 100’s of on-demand classes check out our iTunes library. Cost? Money: nothing. Time: that’s up to you.
In 2017 I feel ready to do what my most cherished teachers do.
- Teach daily – in-person – classes. (At the moment I teach daily thanks to the internet.)
- Be available to do intense in-person sessions – sessions no technology aides may duplicate.
To practice the art of transparency as well as set the stage for a hearty, happy connection I offer these insights!
- I have zero desire to be a household name, guru or some-such label. In fact my most influential teachers require me to never speak their name or identify them for any reason.
- My teachers seek no attention or credit for their efforts.
- My teachers tell me: “Own what I say.“
- My teachers ingrain the importance to let go of the outcome – regardless of that outcome. (In other words – assign no credit or blame for whatever happens.)
- Regarding trust. The only person you must trust – is you. Period. Why? Listen to this class to learn why.
- I have (nor desire) any control over you. A sense of trust subconsciously (subtly) transfers control. This unconscious transfer of power will – one day – cause pain and suffering. I seek a pain-free relationship with you.
- Regardless of what I offer (teach) – what you decide to learn (and do) is 100% your responsibility. I trust you’ll do your best based on what’s best for you.
Call to action . . .
As 2017 unfolds I seek the following support to launch and root a learning center with the primary focus to gain, maintain and strengthen your sense of balance. To accomplish this task I welcome all kinds of support. Support includes:
- location support. Help me find the right house to host all kinds of classes, seminars, movie nights, potlucks and more.
- teaching support. What do you have a passion to teach? Time to talk about how we’ll collaborate to share wit and wisdom in abundance.
- financial support. Yes. You knew that item was coming. LOL. Frankly financial support is the easiest thing to accomplish. Why? Well – I have a plan that provides for both financing this learning center as well as every person who uses the center. YES! You read that correctly. We’ll dive into this very real (it’s already happening) possibility when we meet.
- sharing unconditional love. Sounds simple – right? We’ll see!
Mahalo nui loa for taking the time to read this page. Imagine me sharing a long warm hug with your right now. (Yes, I’m a hugger!) I look forward to meeting you soon! Feel free to reach-out to set-up a coffee / tea date by clicking this link.