Next event: Sunday, March 26th
Mahalo nui loa for expressing interest in a desire to form and co-create a hearty, healthy rainbow Sangha (silent meditation) group for Oahu gay men and for those who love and support us.
Join us to effortlessly awaken to a deep sense of peace. With each gathering we’ll strengthen our skills to reduce stress, increase joy as well as rediscover what solid, life-long friendships feel like. Our rainbow sit will – over time – ripen into a robust Ohana. (I know this because I’ve walked this path before.)
To start things off I created this page to help us connect, create and celebrate our birth and growth. Kindly know your active involvement – like watering a plant or garden – co-creates a richness unique to our Ohana. How much water (time, volunteer support, etc.) you wish to offer – you decide based on what feels right for you. As you come to know me you’ll discover I have no expectations. Expectations are often a deep source of pain and suffering.
Initially we’ll meet when we have 12 or more ready to commit to a date and time.
A sit involves just that – sitting. Sitting in silence. How you choose to sit is totally up to you. If you need the support of a chair, cushion, mat or beach blanket – perfect. Bring one.
What’s a sit like?
- Think simple sitting in quiet along with other like-minded souls. How you choose to sit is totally up to you. I’m less concerned about form (how you sit); I’m more attentive to function (how you breathe). Sitting cross-legged (the traditional image most folks think of when they imagine doing meditation) is actually restrictive to healthy blood flow.
- We’ll sit for 15 minutes to start. We’ll work up to 30 minutes. Every so often we may attempt a one-hour sit. (Warning – sitting in silence is a powerful teacher.)
- Post sit we’ll take a quick (as in 10 minute) break to attend to body functions (stretch, bathroom, water, etc.). After our break for those who wish to stay we’ll do a 30 minute debrief. During debriefing time we’ll hold sacred space to be as real and open as possible.
Pencil us in on your calendar for the second and fourth Sunday of each month. Kindly create a reminder / notification for yourself. (It’s up to you to remind yourself about this event.)
- Social start: 3:30 p.m.
- Preparing to be quiet start: 3:45 p.m.
- Meditation start 4:00 p.m.
Kindly mind your time. Will you drive to the park? Plan to start looking for a parking space starting around 3:15 p.m. There are free parking spaces near the Waikiki Shell.
- Do you need driving directions? Follow the directions to Waikiki Aquarium in Kapiolani Regional Park. Once in the area follow step two.
- At 3:30 ish look for me (pictured here) near the tennis courts (across the street from the Aquarium) on Kalakaua Ave.
- Around 3:45 p.m. we’ll wander into the middle of the park to a more quiet location. Most likely you’ll find us directly behind the tennis courts. If you happen to arrive around that time – look for a guy all dressed in white. You’ll find us!
If you wish to enjoy more time together, bring along:
- food to share
- a non-spirited beverage for yourself…
- your own eating gear (paper plates, napkins, silverware, etc.)
We’ll create a little pot-luck style picnic in the park…
Next event: Sunday, March 26th
Aloha~~ Soul here . . .
Since age 11 when I consciously started my training I had no idea I’d become a monk in three orders, shaman in four nations as well as a social worker (masters level). My eclectic path also includes considerable business experience to include a successful online University. I’m delighted to co-create a healthy space for us to learn, laugh and love with more ease and grace.
I’d enjoy meeting you anytime. Call or text me at 808-780-0819. FaceTime? Sure!
In gratitude I bow to you for your interest . . .